Monday 17 September 2007

Day Two Of The NorthTrip

We've spent quite a bit of time on the coach, but it hadn't gotten too bad at this point on the trip. We were happy to get on and go to our next fantastic destinstion



Fountains Abbey was gorgeous, and then there was a hike where you got great views back to the abbey.





We love York. We toured the Minster, wandered through the shambles, but my favorite thing of all is walking on the city walls.



That night we spent the night at Boggle Hole. We had discovered this YHA 3 years ago when our family was hiking around Robin Hood's Bay. It's a great spot right down on the beach, but we did have to hike to it a little ways. The YHA workers also told us that there had been a ghost sighting just two days earlier, so that led to some good pranks by the boys in the group.

1 comment:

Tom said...

This is from Katy. I love Bogle Hole. I stayed there last year after my coast to coast walk. I bought their key chain I loved it so much. It might have had something to do with the walk being over. I'm glad I didn't know anything about any ghosts, or I wouldn't have slept a wink.